Skulls of the Shogun is a fast-paced-turn based strategy game where players meet and join forces with vibrant ghost-samurai warriors, magical animal-monks, and mustachioed samurai generals on the way to capture the Skulls of the Shogun.
● Full 10-15 Hour Single-Player Campaign.
● 20 Single-Player levels: As General Akamoto you' ll journey through four different seasons of the samurai afterlife battling your way to claim your title of Shogun of the Dead!
● Power Up your Cavalry, Infantry, and Archers with skulls to become disruptive Demons.
● Call in the help of the Monks such as the Crow Monk (wind), Salamander Monk (fire), and the Fox Monk (healer) and unlock advanced spells.
● Thirty Multiplayer maps featuring two, three, and four-player maps. Play locally on the same screen or online in networked multiplayer. Take turns at your pace in Skulls Anywhere, the asynchronous mode that supports up to 30 concurrent games.
● Innovative Gameplay: A gridless, streamlined interface married with deep tactical strategy and wildly variable battle outcomes.
● Beautiful Hand-drawn Art: 2D high-resolution environments and characters, inspired by a mash up of classic 1960’s anime and modern urban vinyl character design.
● Original Sound Effects and Score inspired by old samurai films and classic 1960’s dub.
NEW FEATURES IN BONE-A-FIDE EDITION!
● A New Mini-Campaign – The Forgotten Isles: A mysterious stranger washes up on the shores of these mystic isles, searching for Akamoto and willing to fight to reach him, if necessary.
- 4 new levels to challenge even die-hard skull-munchers, from the rocky beaches to the fiery volcano of the Forgotten Isles.
- New progression: Your troops carry over in each level of the Forgotten Isles, demanding a long-term strategy new to the Skulls of the Shogun formula.
● Six New Multiplayer Maps: There are 3 two-player maps, 1 three-player map, and 2 four-player maps, all based in the Forgotten Isles. In total there are 36 multiplayer maps included with Skulls of the Shogun: Bone-A-Fide Edition.
● A Brand-new Monk Character, The Tanuki: Kicked out of the frozen mountains, the Tanuki brings his boisterous bells to multiplayer. He's a master of deceit, and his spells focus on shifting the battlefield around and disrupting enemies plans in the most mischievous way possible.
● Developer Commentary: Go behind the scenes with developer commentary for every single-player level in the game, including The Forgotten Isles.
● New Achievements: seven new achievements are added to Skulls of the Shogun: Bone-A-Fide Edition.
● New Leaderboards for every level in the single-player campaign, including detailed stats.
● Steam Trading Cards: Skulls of the Shogun: Bone-A-Fide Edition implements Steam trading cards, so you will earn cards, badges, and emoticons for your Steam profile just by playing.
● New theme song: Underground chiptune DJ, Mega Ran raps over the Skulls intro.
● Earn experience: every battle you fight earns experience to increase your samurai rank. Go from Knock-Kneed-Nobody to Lord Bones!
● Earn emblems: winning fights earns the player emblems!
- There are 66 emblems available to earn to customize the player's profile in both single player and multiplayer games. Emblems include the cast of characters as well as emoticons of Skulls of the Shogun spokesman Skully and signature props used to create the world of Skulls of the Shogun.
- Emblems are earned for: winning a game, completing a game, and first win of the day! The player can pick up to three emblems to show off next to their name.
- Emblems can be fused (removing unwanted emblems) to roll for rare emblems.
- Duplicate emblems can be forged (combining duplicates) to craft higher-ranking emblems. Emblems begin at Normal and rank up to Bronze, Silver, and Gold.
This game has no comments yet.
- Playstation 4
- NA Release Date
- June 2, 2015
- JP Release Date
- April 6, 2016
- EUR Release Date
- June 3, 2015
- AUS Release Date
- June 3, 2015
- ESRB Rating
- PEGI Rating
- CERO Rating
- ACB Rating
- MVGL User Score
- Makyo, Sam Bird
- Official Website