An almighty crash heralded the sudden arrival of the Bionis and the Mechonis to this world, for the two titans were locked in a timeless battle... The sound of their clashing blades rang out, shaking the sea bed and sending ripples through the air.
As the duel reached its climax, the titans poured their remaining strength into one last slash of their great swords. Both struck forth with immeasurable power...
Once the dust had settled, only their corpses remained.
Eons passed, and signs of life finally began appearing upon the corpse of the titan Bionis. People born of the Bionis will return to the Bionis.
Now, the Bionis's enormous body, covered in lush plains as far as the eye can see, is home to a developed civilization, which gives thanks to the titan for providing them with such a natural bounty.
Life on Bionis was not destined to flourish forever, however.
One day, an enormous horde of mechanical life forms from the titan Mechonis launched a sudden and all-out attack on the inhabitants of Bionis. These overwhelmingly powerful entities, known only as the 'Mechon,' overwhelmed and devoured the inhabitants. Before long, the entire surface of Bionis was overrun.
An epic clash between man and machine Available exclusively for the Wii system, the Xenoblade Chronicles game combines science fiction and fantasy into an unforgettable open-world adventure. Players will discover expansive environments and deep character customization options as they delve into an epic conflict between the Homs (humans) and Mechons (robots) and uncover the secret of the ancient Monado blade. With richly detailed role-playing elements, Xenoblade Chronicles offers an extraordinary experience for veteran gamers and genre newcomers alike.
● Xenoblade Chronicles invites players to explore a truly vast open-world universe. In addition to the game’s main quest, they can also take on side quests, seek out special items and uncover hidden areas.
● Players can customize their characters by choosing from a wide array of weapons, armor, equipment and accessories. Each item not only enhances characters’ abilities, but also affects the appearance of different characters in distinctive ways.
● A unique upgrade system lets players improve their characters’ performance throughout the game. They can earn upgrades during battle, trade with townspeople or collect and purchase items. Players can also use magical gems in enhance the abilities of their existing equipment.
● The game also incorporates a unique relationship-building system called Affinity. Different characters will have distinct Affinity levels in relation to one another, which can influence their interactions and affect their progress through the game.
● A sophisticated battle system in Xenoblade Chronicles includes special Chain Attacks – combo attacks involving all members of the questing party – as well as an Arts system that lets characters perform specialized actions and spells.
Written by xeusperona on December 01, 2017 @ 9:50 am
Xenoblade Chronicles is a game to remember that deserves more popularity. Please do note that this review might contain spoilers but I'll do my best to hide them. Story and characters: The story starts out as a simple quest for revenge that turns into something much more than just that. The...Continue reading...
- Nintendo Wii
- Monolith Soft
- Action, RPG
- NA Release Date
- April 6, 2012
- JP Release Date
- June 10, 2010
- EUR Release Date
- August 19, 2011
- ESRB Rating
- PEGI Rating
- CERO Rating
- MVGL User Score
- 9.1 by 532 User(s)
- MVGL Difficulty Rating
- Medium by 54 User(s)
- Yoko Shimomura, ACE+, Manami Kiyota, Yasunori Mitsuda
- Added by
- 952 User(s)
This game also exists on:
Nintendo Wii U