Fonons. Essential components of all matter on planet Auldrant.
Ages ago, a new type of fonon was discovered — the Seventh Fonon. Its discovery threw humanity into chaos, for if one could use the Seventh Fonon, one could learn the future. Wars over the Seventh Fonon raged across the lands, ending only when the miasma — a poison from within the planet — covered the entire world. This is when Yulia appeared.
A fonist skilled in prophecy, Yulia saw thousands of years into the future and foresaw a way to seal away the miasma. With the guidance of her prophecies, humanity sealed the miasma deep within the planet.
Over two thousand years passed.
The world is ruled by Yulia's prophecy, known as the Score. People believe in the coming “unprecedented prosperity” promised in the Score, never straying from the path set forth in the Score which will lead them to that prosperity. They look to the Score as revealed by the Order of Lorelei, the religion Yulia founded, and hold that the greatest virtue is to follow the Score faithfully.
Yulia's Score tells of a young man who is necessary in order to bring “unprecedented prosperity.”
His name is Luke fon Fabre.
Tales of the Abyss follows the story of the young aristocrat, Luke fon Fabre. Kidnapped seven years ago, Luke returns to his family with no memories of his life before. In order to protect him, Luke's family keeps him confined to the quite lifestyle of the palace. Suddenly, Luke is thrust into the outside world and caught in the workings of the Order of Lorelei and the Oracle Knights who serve as keepers of the prophecy known as the Score. He knows nothing of those who might be his allies or those who are already his enemies. He must learn of the power of friendship and feel the pain of sacrifice. Luke's actions could save the world or destroy it.
One of the most acclaimed titles in the Tales of series, Tales of the Abyss stands apart from other RPGs with its depth of story and magnificent world.
Now it makes its debut on the Nintendo 3DS with full 3D support and the use of dual screens to bring players even closer to the action.
● Experience gameplay in a way only possible with the Nintendo 3DS – Battle in a whole new dimension! Fight against your enemies, unleash devastating Mystic Artes, and explore the expansive World Map in 3D.
● Captivating story and depth that is the hallmark of the Tales of series – Explore the story through more than 40 hours of riveting gameplay and fully voiced anime cutscenes.
● Stunning Visuals – Lush, colorful graphics bring attention to the detailed anime art style of artist Kosuke Fujishima. Sprawling landscapes and beautiful towns populate the world of Auldrant and bring it to life!
● Dynamic Real Time Battles – Command the “Flex Range - Linear Motion Battle System” for unparalleled tactical control over characters’ movements and attacks. Hone characters’ skills using the “Field of Fonons” and evolve their fighting techniques to more powerful forms.
It looks like we don't have any reviews for this game yet!
This game has no comments yet.
- Nintendo 3DS
- Namco Tales Studio
- Namco Bandai
- NA Release Date
- February 14, 2012
- JP Release Date
- June 30, 2011
- EUR Release Date
- November 25, 2011
- AUS Release Date
- November 25, 2011
- ESRB Rating
- PEGI Rating
- CERO Rating
- ACB Rating
- MVGL User Score
- 8.3 by 227 User(s)
- MVGL Difficulty Rating
- Medium by 7 User(s)
- Motoi Sakuraba, Shinji Tamura, Motoo Fujiwara, Yuriko Keino
- Official Website
- Added by
- 466 User(s)
This game also exists on: