Like its predecessor, The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 takes place in the fantasy world of Aventásia. It’s an homage to role-playing games and fantasy worlds, and banks on the same humor as BoUT 1. Once again you play the gnome mage Wilbur, the adventurer Nate, the elf princess Ivo, and Nate’s furry companion, the Critter – alternately or simultaneously.
A few years have passed since our heroes heroically defeated the arch-witch Mortroga. And their lives, like the lives of most people in Aventásia, are still in turmoil. The War of the Two Towers is over, but the wounds it left upon the land are still bleeding.
The gnome Wilbur Weathervane is struggling with his new job as a teacher at the reopened School for Wizardry and Witchcraft. His magic wand is having a mind of its own and an assassination plot against the arch-mage overshadows the first democratic elections in Seastone.
Faced with political intrigues that threaten the delicate balance of peace, Wilbur is in dire need of his old friends. But the elf princess Ivo and the adventurer Nate have, after a brief romantic interlude, gone their separate ways.
Ivo has returned to her gilded cage in the elf kingdom, overprotected by her controlling mother.
Nate along with his trusty companion Critter has been taken prisoner on the flying island of his arch-enemy the Red Pirate.
But fate does not rest. A darkness has fallen upon the land, or rather, a pinkness. A magic force is turning mighty beasts into fluffy plush puppies and towering castles into oversized dollhouses. Can Aventásia be saved?
The game offers classic point-and-click adventure gameplay, and we are guided by the successful BoUT1 formula: Whenever possible, we offer you, the players, parallel problems to solve, so that you can alternate between puzzles. There are tons of puzzles, objects, characters and locations to discover (as a matter of fact: BoUT2 offers even MORE of that than the first part).
● A massive, multifaceted story with about 25 hours of playtime.
● The trademark BoUT-Humor, lovingly spoofing WoW, LotR, Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, Discworld, The Hobbit and many more!
● Hundreds of weird, yet oddly logical puzzles and our well-proven “Multi-Character-Gameplay”.
● The established four playable characters Wilbur, Nate, Ivo and Critter.
● Numerous beautiful locations, improved through today’s computer alchemy.
● An ensemble of quirky characters, both well-established and hot off the drawing board.
● An epic soundtrack with many new compositions.
This game has no comments yet.