Ford Racing 2 is the second game in the Ford Racing series and was released on October 28, 2003, for the PlayStation 2, PC, and Xbox. The Xbox version is not compatible with Xbox 360. It was released for the Mac OS X in October 2004 by Feral Interactive.The sequel includes 30 Ford cars, 16 racing tracks, the ability to race head-to-head, over 30 challenges and other features. It is the successor to Ford Racing and precedes Ford Racing 3.
In Ford Racing 2, the player plays as various cars and trucks made by the Ford Motor Company (although some have been altered a bit in terms of shapes) through various challenges and races. Each car has a different challenge when the player has beaten the challenge with a particular car, the challenge, car, and track will be unlocked to play as in the Ford Collection mode which allows players to create their own races and challenges with which car and track. Depending on the difficulty easy, medium or hard, the player can choose the maximum difficulty of the challenge. For example, if you unlocked a car on easy difficulty the challenges and races could only be on easy whereas if you unlocked a car on medium difficulty you could choose the challenge to be on easy or medium.
The challenges in Ford Racing 2 are as followed:
• Standard Race - A straightforward race against 5 other vehicles. The objective is to win.
• Elimination - Just like the standard race although this time the last 2 vehicles across the finishing line are eliminated.
• Duel - A 3 lap race against 3 different vehicles. Beat the first vehicle to survive to the second lap and beat the second to get to the third lap, win the third lap to complete the challenge.
• Drafting - A race against the clock to draft 4 vehicles. Get close to the back of the vehicle to draft them until the life bar is gone. Touching the vehicle will reset the bar, successfully drafting the vehicle will add 20 seconds more onto the time limit.
• Driving Skills - Pass through as many pairs of cones as possible to get under the target time limit.
• Seconds Out - Pick up as many time bonuses on the track as possible to delete as many seconds off the time to get under the target time target
• Racing Line - Keep your vehicle on the line that goes around the track as much as you can to get under the target time limit. The line is red when not on it and turns green when on. Driving off the line will add penalties to your time. The penalties time depends on how much and how long you were off the line.
• Time Attack - A race against the clock to get a time under the target time limit.
It looks like we don't have any reviews for this game yet!
This game has no comments yet.
- Playstation 2
- Razorworks Studios
- Gotham Games
- NA Release Date
- October 23, 2003
- EUR Release Date
- October 31, 2003
- ESRB Rating
- PEGI Rating
- MVGL User Score
- 7.4 by 7 User(s)
- MVGL Difficulty Rating
- Medium by 1 User(s)
- Added by
- 10 User(s)