How Big Can Football Get?
On the heels of winning 25 international gaming awards with FIFA Soccer 09, the top-selling soccer franchise from EA SPORTS is surpassed with FIFA Soccer 10. Responding to consumer feedback from more than 275 million online games played, FIFA Soccer 10 refines an already potent game engine, focusing on what matter most to fans.
An advanced FIFA Soccer 10 features core gameplay refinements based on responsiveness and intelligence, plus a completely overhauled Manager Mode that includes more than 50 major improvements. These enhancements and more deliver a new standard for authenticity, as FIFA Soccer 10 continues to set the benchmark in both innovations and gameplay as the most complete simulation of soccer.
On the pitch, critical gameplay fundamentals have been enhanced to ensure that FIFA Soccer 10 mirrors real-world soccer, providing more sophisticated ball control, and physical interaction. On attack, players now analyze space more effectively, curve their runs in an attempt to stay onside, create passing lanes naturally, and drive for more variety in attacking options. On defense, new concepts like position priority enable defenders to multitask so dangerous spaces left open by teammates out of position are covered. Plus, slide tackle targeting, press marking, and better urgency clearance logic provide new options that make defending a tactical skill in FIFA Soccer 10.
Three new innovations change the player control experience in FIFA Soccer 10. The first-ever true 360° dribbling system gives players finer control of the ball, enabling them to find spaces between defenders that previously were not possible. Using an all-new animation technology, skilled dribblers now have the ability to face the defender and use highly responsive lateral dribbling to skip past him. An innovative concept called Freedom in Physical Play enables players to perform wider dribble touches and new collision sharing creates a varied, less predictable, and extended fight for possession between the dribbler and a defender.
A deeper iteration of the ever-popular Manager Mode features more than 50 major improvements, including new match realism, ultra-realistic player transfers based on multiple decision points, and true-to-life player growth curves.
● Behavioral Intelligence Improvements - Players are more intelligent with more authentic behavior. Players now avoid passes not intended for them, avoid blocking teammate shots, and throw themselves in the way of attacker's shots in defense.
● New Practice Arena - Work on individual skills in a fully featured practice mode before stepping on the pitch. Select exactly how many attackers and defenders you want in play, and practice set pieces.
● Customizable Set Pieces - Design and record your very own dead ball moves on the training ground for use on match day to outwit your opponent. You have complete control over your players, with the ability to assign a specific role and movement to every outfield player on your team one at a time, and then combine them for the perfect set piece.
● Authentic Shooting - Refinements to the shooting system and tweaks to the ball physics create a wider, more realistic variety of shots that enhance the exhilaration of scoring.
● Responding to Gamer Feedback - With over 250 million games played by the FIFA community, listening to the feedback and addressing gamer frustration has become a key part of the FIFA strategy. Better balance on lofted through balls; improved goalkeeper intelligence; more realistic shooting physics with less shots hitting woodwork; realistic sprinting and movement animation; refined off-side and advantage rules; and a more immersive football experience through continuous play and quick free kicks are just a few of the issues raised and addressed in FIFA 10.
● Immersive Football World - Manager Mode takes you deep inside the world of football with formations and squads determined by match importance, real-time week-by-week transfers and transfer event summaries that promote bidding wars.
This game has no comments yet.
- Xbox 360
- EA Canada
- Electronic Arts
- NA Release Date
- October 20, 2009
- JP Release Date
- October 22, 2009
- EUR Release Date
- October 1, 2009
- AUS Release Date
- October 15, 2009
- ESRB Rating
- PEGI Rating
- CERO Rating
- ACB Rating
- MVGL User Score
- Official Website