Fonons. Essential components of all matter on planet Auldrant.
Ages ago, a new type of fonon was discovered — the Seventh Fonon. Its discovery threw humanity into chaos, for if one could use the Seventh Fonon, one could learn the future. Wars over the Seventh Fonon raged across the lands, ending only when the miasma — a poison from within the planet — covered the entire world. This is when Yulia appeared.
A fonist skilled in prophecy, Yulia saw thousands of years into the future and foresaw a way to seal away the miasma. With the guidance of her prophecies, humanity sealed the miasma deep within the planet.
Over two thousand years passed.
The world is ruled by Yulia's prophecy, known as the Score. People believe in the coming “unprecedented prosperity” promised in the Score, never straying from the path set forth in the Score which will lead them to that prosperity. They look to the Score as revealed by the Order of Lorelei, the religion Yulia founded, and hold that the greatest virtue is to follow the Score faithfully.
Yulia's Score tells of a young man who is necessary in order to bring “unprecedented prosperity.”
His name is Luke fon Fabre.
Tales of the Abyss follows the story of the young aristocrat, Luke fon Fabre. Kidnapped seven years ago, Luke returns to his family with no memories of his life before. In order to protect him, Luke's family keeps him confined to the quite lifestyle of the palace. Suddenly, Luke is thrust into the outside world and caught in the workings of the Order of Lorelei and the Oracle Knights who serve as keepers of the prophecy known as the Score. He knows nothing of those who might be his allies or those who are already his enemies. He must learn of the power of friendship and feel the pain of sacrifice. Luke's actions could save the world or destroy it.
● Detailed expressions and innovative camera angles immerse players into the story like never before.
● The most realistic character models to date in the series, with characters designed by renowned artist Kosuke Fujishima.
● Use fields of Fonons to transform strikes and spells into devastating displays of power.
● Roam free in a Flexible Motion Battle System -- a groundbreaking twist to the Tales series allows the character to run freely around the battlefield
● A fully 3D setting and beautiful anime cutscenes immerse the player in one of the most stunning Tales games ever produced.
● New Town Link System - The actions of the story and characters reflect the world around them, giving the player the feeling that his or her actions truly affect the world of the game.
Written by Zvezda_Kuerten on December 10, 2018 @ 7:09 pm
Tales of the Abyss (PS2) ~Review by Zvezda Kuerten 1) Intro: a) Game Synopsis: Luke Fon Fabre is a young wannabe man who has been confined to his manor for seven years, ever since a terrible incident erased all his previous memories, for the fear of something like that ever happening again. He dreams of...Continue reading...
- PlayStation 2
- Namco Tales Studio
- Namco Bandai Games
- NA Release Date
- October 10, 2006
- JP Release Date
- December 15, 2005
- ESRB Rating
- CERO Rating
- MVGL User Score
- 8.6 by 331 User(s)
- MVGL Difficulty Rating
- Medium by 52 User(s)
- Motoi Sakuraba, Shinji Tamura, Motoo Fujiwara, Yuriko Keino
- Official Website
- Added by
- 576 User(s)
This game also exists on: