The first FINAL FANTASY for the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system captivates imaginations once again with strikingly sophisticated CG sequences, a riveting storyline, memorable characters and delightful music.
The main character, Tidus, is a star player of blitzball, a full contact sport. After miraculously surviving the destruction of his homeland, he awakens among ruins and thereafter meets a young woman named Yuna. As a summoner, Yuna must travel to distant temples and learn the secret art of summoning spirits of yore, in order to defeat "Sin." Tidus learns that a thousand years in the past, mankind lived in spectacular cities and relied on machines for everything, until Sin appeared and destroyed all civilization. Now, people shun technology, and no one knows when Sin will strike again...
In addition to the game's voiceover dialogue, FINAL FANTASY X offers fully 3D environments that seamlessly integrate real-time movement with battles, allowing players to walk around and engage in battles on the same field map screen. Life-like motion-captured characters designed by Tetsuya Nomura (FINAL FANTASY VII & VIII, PARASITE EVE) bring realism to the screen. As seen in previous FINAL FANTASY titles, players will be able to enjoy new mini-games, such as mastering the sport of blitzball and the Al Bhed language, plus engage in an all-new "Sphere Grid" battle system.
* The first FINAL FANTASY game for the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system.
* The first in the history of FINAL FANTASY installments to integrate voiceovers into a majority of the story scenes.
* Features a special effects system known as the "Facial Motion System", which adds subtle facial expressions to the characters in real time.
* Fully 3D environments tha seamlessly integrate real-time movement with boss battles, allowing players to wander an area and engage in fights on the same screen.
* Newly designed battle system that integrates traditional FINAL FANTASY battle elements with a unique Sphere Grid character development system.
* Life-like, high-polygon, motion-captured characters designed by renowned artist Tetsuya Nomura.
* Enchanting musical score, written by famed composer Nobuo Uematsu, with tracks featuring a distinct Japanese Okinawan flavor.
* All new side quests and mini-games, such as the underwater sport of blitzball and a monsterarena.
* DOLBY® DIGITAL 5.1 channel Surround EX compatible.
It looks like we don't have any reviews for this game yet!
- Alternative Titles
- PlayStation 2
- NA Release Date
- December 17, 2001
- JP Release Date
- July 19, 2001
- EUR Release Date
- May 24, 2002
- AUS Release Date
- May 17, 2002
- ESRB Rating
- PEGI Rating
- CERO Rating
- ACB Rating
- MVGL User Score
- 8.6 by 1929 User(s)
- MVGL Difficulty Rating
- Medium by 207 User(s)
- Nobuo Uematsu, Masashi Hamauzu, Junya Nakano
- Official Website
- Added by
- 2706 User(s)