BlazBlue is a traditional 2D fighter where two characters participate in a duel.
The game features an all-original cast (including many weapon fighters) and uses a four-button control scheme (weak, medium and strong attacks plus an EX button which makes your character perform unique special attacks.) The fighting system is based around players being able to continue combos when opponents are in a down state. On the defensive side, you'll have a number of ways of getting back up when downed, so you don't get pummeled by combo attacks.
A round is called a "rebel" and one match can consist of one to five "rebels". To win a round, one player must either incapacitate the other by inflicting damage through various attacks to reduce their opponent's health to zero or by having more remaining health than their opponent after the clock runs out. Every character has a weak, medium and strong attack. Also every ones has a "unique" technique, called a Drive attack, which is different for each character.
The story of the game involves dissent and destruction among a powerful council, known unofficially as "the Library," which controls a great power that once saved humanity, but which now wields its power in protective, some say repressive, ways.
- 12 unique batants to choose from! Choose a character that represents your own fighting style like the lightning-fast Taokaka or the wickedly powerful Tager.
- Drive your way to victory! Use the unique Drive Attacks specific to each character to decimate your opponent. Depending on the character control the elements like wind and ice or even absorb the life force from your opponents.
- Experience the beauty of high-resolution hand-drawn sprites on 3D backgrounds all in glorious high-definition.
- Various modes: Arcade, Versus, Score Attack, Training, Gallery and a pletely fleshed-out Story Mode that tells the tales of each character.
- Bonus Contents - 2 CD's worth of OST included with a total of 42 music!
It looks like we don't have any reviews for this game yet!
- Arc System Works
- Arc System Works
- NA Release Date
- September 2, 2010
- JP Release Date
- August 26, 2010
- EUR Release Date
- August 20, 2010
- ESRB Rating
- PEGI Rating
- CERO Rating
- MVGL User Score
- 7.3 by 93 User(s)
- MVGL Difficulty Rating
- Medium by 19 User(s)
- Daisuke Ishiwatari
- Official Website
- Added by
- 159 User(s)