Terror and fright hide in every shadow of The Suffering. Take a trip into the halls of a penitentiary haunted by horrific and grotesque apparitions of executed prisoners. Guide Torque, a death row inmate, in a flight for life more terrifying than you could ever imagine! Features ultra-mature content with three possible outcomes based on how you play the game!
From the Manufacturer
Midway captures the disturbing and terrifying nature of the horror genre with The Suffering, a compelling third-person action/adventure game set in the mature and gritty world of a maximum-security prison.
"The Suffering redefines terror with a chilling look into a penitentiary invaded by executed prisoners grotesquely reincarnated as the methods of execution that befell them," said Helene Sheeler, vice president of marketing, Midway.
Unleashing the horror throughout nine levels, The Suffering features dynamic lighting that illuminates frightening visions of horror-filled exploration and frantic combat sequences. In the dark world of The Suffering, creatures attack from the shadows and emerge from jail cells, chambers, the ground and trees, surprising the player in the most disturbing ways possible. As Torque, the main character, players encounter a cast of uniquely hardened criminals, prison guards and grotesque apparitions.
Jailed for a murder he may or may not have committed, Torque is next in line for execution when apparitions besiege the prison and inadvertently free him. Utilizing more than ten deadly weapons, Torque sets out to uncover his past and unlock the deadly secrets of The Suffering. In the game, players can transform Torque into his monstrous alter ego and unleash the power of his primal fury while battling 12 horrific creatures. Depending on how they play the game, players will arrive at three distinct endings for a unique gaming experience.
Stan Winston, renowned creature designer, enhanced The Suffering's horror-filled experience by creating the disturbing character artwork featured in the game. For more than 30 years Stan Winston has created characters, creatures and monsters for motion pictures and television. The four-time Academy Award winner is responsible for creating many of the most enduring creatures of the big screen, including the dinosaurs of Jurassic Park, the extraterrestrial monstrosities of Aliens and the fanciful character of Edward Scissorhands. He was nominated for an Academy Award for A.I. and worked on the blockbuster hit T3 starring Arnold Schwarzenegger.
• Nine Terrifying Levels –Traverse indoor and outdoor terrain with horror lurking in every dark corner
• Frightening Character Morphs – Fill the rage meter and transform Torque into a hideous and powerful creature
• Deadly Weapons – More than 10 deadly weapons from the shiv to the tommy gun to aid in the survival of this freakish nightmare
• Horrific Monsters – A dozen monsters, each representing the methods of execution that befell them
• Gory Detail – Blood and gore, dripping, pooling and splattering at every level of the fright-filled journey
• Disturbing Choices – Interact with different hardened criminals and determine their fate
• Unique Endings – The game ends differently depending on how it is played
• Taboo Environments – Explore the deepest recesses of the most wicked prison environment
• Experience nine terrifying levels -- traverse indoor & outdoor terrain, where horror waits around every corner
• As your Rage Meter fills, Torque will turn into a hideous and powerful creature
• Multiple deadly weapons, from shivs to Tommy guns -- you'll need them all to fight the horrifying monsters you'll face
• Brutal, gory details -- blood & fluids drip, pool and splatter as you travel on this chilling, stomach-turning journey
• Interact with the hardened criminals and determine their fate
It looks like we don't have any reviews for this game yet!
This game has no comments yet.
- PlayStation 2
- Surreal, Midway, Next Level Games
- Midway Games
- NA Release Date
- March 9, 2004
- EUR Release Date
- May 14, 2004
- ESRB Rating
- PEGI Rating
- MVGL User Score
- 6.8 by 26 User(s)
- MVGL Difficulty Rating
- Medium by 6 User(s)
- Erik Aho
- Official Website
- Added by
- 53 User(s)