Leon Kennedy and Claire Redfield return in this thrilling co-op arcade shooter that relives classic moments from Resident Evil 2 and more. Battle the undead with a friend as you enter a horrific world in which the lines between good and evil are blurred and where the ultimate fight begins with your dark side.
Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles is the sequel to Capcom's highly successful, million-selling Wii title, Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles. A rail shooter with an included two-player co-op play option, The Darkside Chronicles is set within a new compelling story which sees the return of series favorites Leon Kennedy and Claire Redfield to the fray in new and classic levels. The game also contains customizable weapons, a wealth of collectibles and a dynamic difficulty feature that automatically adjusts to players' abilities, which together ensure a fun, yet challenging Resident Evil gaming experience, regardless of skill level.
New Enemies and Familiar Faces
Unlike the evil enemies you fought against in the previous story, in Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles, players will fight against the characters' own inner demons, adding a whole new level of terror. Balancing this out, two of the most popular characters of the overall series and heroes of the beloved Resident Evil 2, Leon Kennedy and Claire Redfield, make their return. As unconventional heroes, the two start out the game as ordinary individuals who are thrown into terrorizing situations where their own fear is their biggest enemy. Featuring a brand new storyline that will fill in missing pieces of the "Chronicles" series, Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles leads players into a horrific world where the lines between good and evil are blurred and the fight begins with your dark side.
Rail Shooter Action with New Features
The game's arcade, rail shooter gameplay, first featured in Resident Evil:The Umbrella Chronicles, in which players follow a set path through the game, has been radically upgraded in Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles. Along with this, the game contains a horde of new features, including the major additions of a sub-screen which allows for weapon configuration and use of recovery items regardless of time progression, and a new system that allows players to modify the difficulty level according to their playing skills that brings accessibility and fun to both the hardcore and casual gamer alike.
Continuing in the survival horror tradition, Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles increases the thrills and chills with an enhanced two-player co-op mode in which players will be able to follow their partners on the same screen. Their conversations and interactions have also been improved to create a more intense co-op experience.
More Frightening Than Ever
A more terrifying experience than ever before, Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles combines a shaky and realistic handheld camera experience with an eerie soundtrack and creepy sound effects utilizing state-of-the-art technology.
Key Game Features
* Two-Player Co-op Shooting - Invite friends and family to experience the horror alongside you in 2-player co-op mode.
* Revisit Classic Resident Evil Levels - Experience environments and areas from classic Resident Evil titles such as Raccoon City from Resident Evil 2 and the hidden Umbrella laboratory from Resident Evil: Code Veronica, as well as scenarios that will be all new to Darkside Chronicles.
* Fan Favorite Characters Return - Play as Leon S. Kennedy, protagonist of Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 4, his partner Claire Redfield, who appeared in Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil: Code Veronica, and others still to be announced.
* Customizable Weapons - Players can upgrade and customize their weapons for each battle scenario. Each playable character can be specialized for a specific combat style.
* Dynamic Difficulty - In addition to the initial settings of Easy, Normal and Hard, the game's difficulty level will adjust automatically based on the player's skill level so that both old and new fans can have a fun and challenging experience.
* Collectibles Galore - For true Resident Evil devotees, archive items such as characters, enemies, old documents and movies can be found throughout the game.
It looks like we don't have any reviews for this game yet!
This game has no comments yet.
- Alternative Titles
- BioHazard: The Darkside Chronicles
- Playstation 3
- Action, Horror, Shooter
- NA Release Date
- June 26, 2012
- JP Release Date
- June 28, 2012
- EUR Release Date
- June 27, 2012
- AUS Release Date
- June 27, 2012
- ESRB Rating
- PEGI Rating
- CERO Rating
- ACB Rating
- MA 15+
- MVGL User Score
- 6.4 by 18 User(s)
- MVGL Difficulty Rating
- Hard by 3 User(s)
- Shusaku Uchiyama, Takeshi Miura
- Official Website
- Added by
- 34 User(s)
This game also exists on: