From the ashes of old conflicts, a new terror arises. The Umbrella Corporation and its crop of lethal viruses have been destroyed and contained. But a new, more dangerous threat has emerged. Years after surviving the events in Raccoon City, Chris Redfield has been fighting the scourge of bio-organic weapons all over the world. Now a member of the Bio-terrorism Security Assessment Alliance (BSAA), Chris is sent to Africa to investigate a biological agent that is transforming the populace into aggressive and disturbing creatures. Joined by another local BSAA agent, Sheva Alomar, the two must work together to solve the truth behind the disturbing turn of events. Featuring a revolutionary new co-op mode of gameplay, Resident Evil 5 will let players experience fear together as terror moves out of the shadows and into the light of day.
The critically-acclaimed chapter of the Resident Evil franchise returns with more content than ever before in Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition. Included is the original best-selling game and all downloadable content, including new playable episodes that take you even deeper into Resident Evil lore.
● Two Playable Characters - Chris Redfield, protagonist of the original Resident Evil and Resident Evil: Code Veronica, returns and is joined by new playable character Sheva Alomar, an African BSAA agent tasked with investigating the epidemic.
● Two Player Online Co-op - New cooperatively-focused gameplay revolutionizes the way that Resident Evil is played. Chris and Sheva must work together to survive new challenges and fight dangerous hordes of enemies.
● Next Generation of Fear - Features groundbreaking graphics that utilize an advanced version of Capcom's proprietary game engine, MT Framework, which powered the hit titles Devil May Cry 4, Lost Planet and Dead Rising.
● "Quick-Select" Inventory System - Improved inventory system allows items to be traded between characters. To add to the intensity, all inventory management is done in real time; items can even be assigned to the directional pad for instant access.
● New Control Schemes - Features new modernized third-person action game control variations as well as the return of the traditional Resident Evil 4 control schemes.
● New Enemies Bring New Challenges - Enemies boast increased speed and intelligence, making them as dangerous alone as they are in groups.
● Powerful New Weapons - The number of weapon variations has been greatly increased providing new ways to keep enemies at bay.
● Fear Light as much as Shadow - Lighting effects provide a new level of suspense as players attempt to survive in both harsh sunlight and extreme darkness.
● Contents Included in Gold Edition:
- DLC Lost in Nightmares - Play as Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine and journey back to the infamous Spencer Mansion from the original Resident Evil, try and solve its treacherous puzzles, and search to uncover the secrets of Umbrella Corporation at the source.
- DLC Desperate Escape - A fatigued but rescued Jill has collapsed. Awoken by BSAA agent Josh Stone, play through their desperate escape from the Tricell facility, fighting off unrelenting waves of enemies in heart pumping blockbuster action.
- 4 New Costumes - New costumes feature full playability both in-game and in cutscenes ensure you always fight evil in style
- The Mercenaries Reunion - The Mercenaries Reunion brings 8 new playable characters and weapon load outs into the fray, providing players with additional challenges as they aim to shoot down as many enemies as they can within a limited time.
- Versus - Take control of Chris, Sheva and other RE5 favorites in online battles of up to 4 players. Fight alone or with a team in 4 different game variations.
It looks like we don't have any reviews for this game yet!
- Alternative Titles
- BioHazard 5: Alternative Edition
- PlayStation 3
- Horror, Survival, Third Person Shooter
- NA Release Date
- March 9, 2010
- JP Release Date
- February 18, 2010
- EUR Release Date
- March 12, 2010
- AUS Release Date
- March 11, 2010
- ESRB Rating
- PEGI Rating
- CERO Rating
- ACB Rating
- MA 15+
- MVGL User Score
- 7.4 by 176 User(s)
- MVGL Difficulty Rating
- Medium by 24 User(s)
- Kota Suzuki, Hideki Okugawa, Akihiko Narita, Seiko Kobuchi, Wataru Hokoyama
- Official Website
- Added by
- 225 User(s)