Written by iNFERNAL on August 12, 2014 @ 1:09 pm
Tons of stunts, lots of gangs banging each other with various weapons and most of all the one-and-only crazy Johnny Gat, I swear that guy is sexy.
Saints Row 2 is one of those games that can give you a hell of a day. Created in 2008, Saints Row 2 is an open-world action-adventure game developed by Volition ( you know, the guys with the ghost face logo? ) and published by THQ.
The game takes the madness in Stilwater after 5 years of the previous title, which is something that fans admire. You play with the same protagonist and you continue invading other gang territories, as well as busting trough cops with your fine-a*s Van.
The gameplay is not really that different from a normal open-world game. You can explore every inch of the city, which consists of forty-five neighborhoods divided between twenty districts. The Respect system is still implemented. so grab your gun an continue evolving in front of your homies. One thing that I don't really appreciate about the game itself is the driving system, its only a matter of time untill you will throw 4 poles out of your way and maybe give your ride a hot shower in a nearby pool, but keeping that away from our discussion this deserves to be played at least once or more.
The game is rated M for Mature so... play at your own ''risk''.
Final Pros and Cons ( Some of them were added in the post )
- Same good - old protagonist ;
- Same good - old characters ( Pierce, Shaundi ) ;
- The Crazy Johhny Gat ;
- Funny Combat ;
- You can throw people 20 feet ;
- Well-made cutscenes and voices ;
- Various Activities to try ;
- Possibility to customize your character
- A big improvement from the first Saints Row
- Multiplayer Campaign ;
- Awfull Driving System ;
- The Optimization on PC isn't great at all ;
- Friendly AI is most of the time stupid ;
- Sadly, its not a ''GTA Killer'', BUT its a GTA Alternative ;
Story Rating: 10
Graphics & Visuals Rating: 7
Sound Rating: 9
Overall Rating: 9
There are no comments on this review yet.