The 10 Commandments According to Madden
- Play 11-man Football. "Hey, if there aren't 11 players, it isn't real football."
- Use real players. "I want the All-Madden Team. The big boys. The flakes. The crazies...my guys."
- Call plays from my offensive and defensive playbooks. "I'm the coach, we use my plays. 81 plays in each covers the basics."
- Design your own plays. "If I pop in the right plays at the right time -- POW -- 6 points."
- Give me realistic gameplay. "There's a ton of goofball things that can happen on any given play like missed blocks, jukes and pancakes."
- Select Player Controlled Action or Computer Action. "Sometimes I want to take a handoff, hit the Umph button and jam it down your throat!"
- Don't forget gameplay conditions. "Some guys aren't mudders. Some guys can't hold a block on grass. That's real football, that's in the game."
- Call audibles. "If I don't like what I see when we line up I have to get out of it. One wrong play blows the whole game or costs the coach his job."
- Put in all the other stuff that happens. "Injuries, penalties, time-outs, turnovers, interceptions, situation substitutions -- they're all part of the game."
- Make your own league. "When I build my own teams I need every pro player, player rating and key stat. I l-o-v-e being the commissioner."
Madden Report: It's a game of one-on-one match-ups. Plan your attack.
Stadium View: Shows the whole field for passes and kicks.
Action View: Plays start in this perspective and scroll with the action.
Complete Stats: Better than the sports section. Instantly updated.
Play Editor: Design and test offensive and defensive plays. Complete enough for a college coaching clinic.