April 22, 2018 @ 9:03 am
Hello. I was excited to hear about Game Informer's Top 300 Games as I love massive lists and enjoy trying to understand how these games are ranked. I'm going to list all 300 over time, and label if I've completed them, only played them, or never have. Enjoy. I will probably put 20 at a time until the list is complete. See you next time.
- Yakuza 0 (PS4 * 2017) - Owned but haven't played it
- Wii Sports (Wii * 2006) - Owned and played to exhaustion
- Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War (PS2 * 2002) - Never played
- Alien Isolation (PS4 * XONE * 2014) - Never played
- Amplitude (PS2 * 2003) - Never played
- Infamous (PS3 * 2009) - Completed
- The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay (Xbox * 2004) - Never played
- Monster Hunter World (PS4 * XONE * 2018) - Owned but not completed
- Heroes of the Storm (PC * 2015) - Played
- Myst (PC * 1993) - Never played
- Dance Dance Revolution (Arcade * 1999) - Played to exhaustion
- NHL 09 (PS3 * X360 * 2008) - Can't remember if played
- Duke Nukem 3D (PC * 1996) - Never played
- Splinter Cell: Blacklist (PS3 * X360 * PC * 2013) - Never played
- Shadowrun Returns (PC * 2013) - Never played
- Dragon's Dogma (PS3 * X360 * 2012) - Owned but not complete
- Baseball Stars (NES * 1989) - Never played
- The Room (iOS * 2012) - Can't remember if played
- Worms Armageddon (PC * 1999) - Never played
- Rayman Legends (PS3 * X360 * Wii U * Vita * PC * 2013) - Owned but not complete
- Dungeon Keeper (PC * 1997) - Never played
I'll be back later with more.1 comment
February 27, 2017 @ 11:22 pm
I recently got a chance to look over the latest edition of Game Informer magazine, I like checking out it's content even though it's not quite as jampacked with great articles and reviews like it used to be in the early 2000's. Anyway, they have a list of their 25 most anticipated games of 2017 and I want to give my personal feedback on such titles. I'll rate them from 0 to 5, with 0 being "I don't care one bit about this" to 5 being "I can't wait for this."
Note: This list is made in the order in which GI released it, and it seems to based on their staff's level of excitement. Anything here you're looking forward to? Even if a game has already been released, I'll put my excitement level before the game came out, hence recording my anticipation.
- Night in the Woods: ✰
- Below: ✰
- Tacoma: ✰✰
- Cuphead: ✰✰
- Nier: Automata: ✰✰✰✰
- Nioh: ✰✰✰✰
- Divinty: Original Sin 2: ✰✰
- Splatoon 2: ✰✰✰
- Injustice 2: ✰✰✰✰✰
- Battlefront 2: ✰✰✰
- Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite: ✰✰✰✰✰
- Torment: Tides of Numenera: ✰
- For Honor: ✰✰✰✰✰
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole: ✰✰
- State of Decay 2: ✰✰
- Uncharted: The Lost Legacy: ✰✰✰
- Ghost Recond: Wildlands: ✰✰✰
- Prey: ✰✰
- Persona 5: ✰✰
- Super Mario Odyssey: ✰✰✰
- Horizon: Zero Dawn: ✰✰✰✰✰
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild: ✰✰✰✰✰
- Destiny 2: ✰✰
- Mass Effect Andromeda: ✰✰✰
- Red Dead Redemption 2: ✰✰✰✰✰
Thanks for taking a look. I also mentioned one game that GI didn't include. That's Tekken 7! Really looking forward to that one as well!
Until next time.0 comments
February 19, 2017 @ 8:59 pm
At first, I thought it was just nothing. I started working, making my own money, and when I want a game, I can go and buy it.
Normal right? Let's fast forward about a decade.
I've bought so many games I'm embarrassed to even admit it. Most of them are barely played if played at all. Now that I am getting married, I am trying to shake this terrible habit of buying a game just because.
Here are some games I've bought and have honestly, not even OPENED:
- Mass Effect 3
- One Piece: Romance Dawn
- Dishonored 2
- Final Fantasy XV
- Rise of the Tomb Raider
Why did I go and buy those games if I wasn't going to play them? Did I like the cover of Dishonored so much? Did I buy them because it's the cool thing to do?
I think I am addicted to purchasing video games.
To try to ease myself, I've even joined Gamefly, which is a decent (not great) service which lets me play more games without buying them. Through them I've played games like Attack on Titan, Ninja Turtles Mutants In Manhattan, Digimon Cyber Sleuth, and currently For Honor. I would have bought all of these games... But when I come home from work, I play Hearthstone, Contest of Champions, some Overwatch, and MAYBE something new. Before I know it it's 11PM and I want to go to bed.
The Backlog is so real, these games I've bought with intention to play them without grasping the reality of how much time it would take. I am trying to prioritize the ones I really want to play, and I guess dump the others. It's just wasteful.
The addition is real.
Why did I just buy Nioh? I really want to check it out, sure...
But in about a week's time Horizon Zero Dawn will be out and I'm guaranteed to buy that too!
January 22, 2017 @ 9:43 pm
So I proposed to my girlfriend back in December of 2015, in July 2016 we had an engagement party, and in August of this year, hopefully, we will be married.
This is taking a lot out of my video game time! I'm complaining a little, but I guess it's just me being nervous about being a real adult. Anyway, if any of you are married, let me know if it's had a big impact on your gaming life, or if you still game at all. I refuse to surrender the hobby, but I will have other responsibilities.
I guess I'll never finish games like Witcher 3 or Mass Effect.0 comments
April 26, 2016 @ 9:57 pm
I've found that there are a lot of missing titles, and that the requests are currently back-ordered. But this has been going on for a LONG time...
That being said, I might keep note somewhere around here of the games I do finish, and can't add on to my list...
Kind of annoying really.0 comments